Pediatric Occupational Therapy
Children might need occupational therapy for several reasons. At Communication Corner and More, we want to help improve your child’s quality of life with the help of our comprehensive services.
How Does Professional Therapy for a Child’s Motor Function Work?
Occupational therapy services can help improve your child’s motor functioning and reasoning. This therapy type can also assist with managing permanent loss of function and learning how to live independently. With occupational therapy, your child will engage in exercises focusing on dexterity and strength, visual acuity and pattern discernment.
These services also provide instruction on using adaptive equipment for disabilities and conditions like muscular dystrophy, spinal cord injuries and cerebral palsy. Our therapists take the time to assess your child’s needs, goals, lifestyle and abilities to develop a tailored plan.
How Do I Know if Occupational Therapy Is Right for My Child?
Your child might need occupational therapy for several reasons. Signs and symptoms indicating that your infant may benefit from occupational therapy include:
- Not grasping objects placed near their hands.
- Not following things with their eyes.
- Resistance to being held or becoming upset when picked up.
- Irritable for no apparent reason.
- Not smiling at themselves in the mirror.
- Involuntarily dropping objects.
- Dislike of many food textures.
Toddlers and children may also exhibit signs like:
- Trouble removing socks, shoes and bottle caps.
- Difficulty using utensils.
- Struggle to draw lines after a demonstration.
- Absence of pretend play.
- Issues turning pages or putting together small puzzles.
- Problems with using markers and scissors.
- Lack of proper hygienic care after toileting.
Benefits of Professional Occupational Therapy Services
Occupational therapy can be crucial during a child’s development throughout the early years if there is evidence of a challenge or delay. Advantages of occupational therapy include:
- Increased sensory processing: Occupational therapy can help children learn new skills so that they can understand and react to information from the senses.
- Enhanced life for children with autism: Occupational therapy can help children with autism learn new techniques for communication, awareness and coordination.
- Improved child’s motor functions: Occupational therapists can teach children how to overcome difficulties associated with fine and gross motor skills, allowing them to walk or bike and perform other activities better.
Overview of Communication Corner and More Services
Our goal is to provide comprehensive therapy services that benefit your child and the whole family. We want to improve your child’s skills and help them develop independence and confidence.
While we provide occupational therapy, we also offer physical, applied behavioral analysis (ABA) and speech therapy. Our team can serve children between birth and 21 years old, and we provide help to their families, as well.
Why Choose Communication Corner and More for OT for Children Near Lutz, FL?
At Communication Corner and More, we use evidence-based approaches for our therapy services, including occupational therapy. Trust our highly trained therapists to provide high-quality services tailored to your child’s needs. We have locations in Lutz and Wesley Chapel, Florida.
Contact Us to Set Up an Evaluation Today
If your child needs occupational therapy, our team is prepared to help. Get in touch online or call 813-973-1033 to schedule an appointment with Communication Corner and More, part of the Kids SPOT Family of Companies, today.
Contact UsLet's chat!
Send a Message
Attention currently enrolled families: Please do NOT use this form to request changes to your schedule or to cancel appointments. You may contact our office by directly emailing: Support@speechtherapytampa.com or by calling us at: 813-973-1033. We will not accept this form to process your requests regarding schedules and/or appointments.