Pediatric Therapy in Lutz, Florida
Our physical therapy services in Lutz help your child improve their range of movement and skills in a low-stress environment. During your child’s therapy session, our physical therapists will use play activities to work on essential skills such as walking and coordination.
After completing an initial evaluation, our Speech-Language Pathologists will develop a customized speech therapy plan to help your child improve their communication skills. If your child is nonverbal, our Speech-Language Pathologists can also help them develop alternative communication methods such as sign language.
Our occupational therapy services in Lutz can help your child learn and develop the fine motor skills to complete daily tasks. Depending on your child’s interests and needs, our occupational therapists will use fun techniques to make their therapy session as engaging as possible. For example, one of our occupational therapists may have your child pop bubble wrap to develop the small muscles in their hands.
Applied behavior analysis (ABA) therapy can help your child learn and develop specific behaviors for long-lasting success. When your child receives ABA therapy from Communication Corner and More in Lutz, our counselors will use a play-based method to help them have fun as they focus on skills like washing their hands or communicating emotions.
In addition to pediatric therapy, we offer testing and tutoring services to help your child succeed in school and beyond.
Literacy and Dyslexia Testing
Help your child improve academically with literacy and dyslexia testing. We will assess your child’s cognitive and intellectual abilities, level of academic achievement, ability to process information and general emotional and behavioral concerns.
We perform a hearing screening during every initial evaluation. The results will help our therapists determine the correct course of action for your child’s therapy plan and identify any possible risks for a hearing disorder.
With our tutoring services, your child can enhance their math, writing, spelling and reading skills. Our teachers have masters’ degrees in education and use an individualized multisensory approach to meet your child’s specific needs.
What Makes Communication Corner and More Unique
Communication Corner and More is proud to provide comprehensive diagnostic and therapy services for families in Lutz. By utilizing a flexible approach, we can create a personalized treatment plan to meet your child’s exact needs to help them learn essential skills to become more independent.
Speech And Language Therapy Can Address Reading And Literacy Concerns Such As:
Learning Letter/Sound Correspondence
Blending Sounds Into Words
Segmenting Words Into Sound
Sounding Out Or Decoding Words
Reading Fluently (Sounds Choppy)
Reading With Good Expression (Sounds Flat)
Writing & Organizing Written Language
(Words, Sentences, Paragraphs, Essays/Papers)
Assessments will be completed to evaluate each child’s strengths and weaknesses and determine the course for treatment.
Treatment will be tailored to each child’s individual needs.
The Importance of Speech Therapy for Children
Short Term Benefits of Speech Therapy
During a speech therapy session, your child and their Speech-Language Pathologists will work through several exercises to help improve your child’s verbal and nonverbal communication skills. A session may include tasks such as strengthening their speech muscles to formulate sounds or learning social skills. Our specialized therapy services can aid in your child’s brain development to improve their overall quality of life.
Some additional short term benefits of speech therapy include:
- Developing the conversation skills to aid in interactions with adults and peers.
- Gaining the ability to express their feelings, thoughts and ideas.
- Understanding social cues to regulate themselves throughout the conversation.
- Improving speech clarity and articulation.
- Learning nonverbal communication skills such as body language.
Long Term Benefits of Speech Therapy
Speech therapy can also provide long-reaching benefits for your child. In addition to learning personal communication skills, we will also help your child understand these cues in others, improving their ability to understand sentences and follow a conversation. As your child grows their written or oral communication skills, they may become more comfortable communicating with others, leading to greater confidence in themselves and their abilities.
Additional long-term benefits your child may experience include:
- Reduce stuttering: Our Speech-Language Pathologists can help your child learn strategies such as slowing their speech to reduce or eliminate a stutter.
- Improve social skills: Through role-playing, modeling or stories, our Speech-Language Pathologists can help your child improve their social skills for better interactions with those in their community and daily life.
- Increase reading and literacy skills: Speech therapy services can aid your child in listening, reading and writing to improve their written communication skills.
- Enhance alternative communication skills: Communication Corner and More can also help your child with nonverbal communication such as facial expressions, eye contact, gestures and alternative communication such as sign language, writing and typing.
- Eliminate communication frustrations: With our services, your child will strengthen their speech muscles and work on repeating sounds or imitation to help them enhance their speech clarity.
Contact Communication Corner and More
Give your child the tools for success with our pediatric therapy services. Through each service, our therapists will work with you and your child to help them thrive at every stage of development.
To learn more about our services or schedule an initial consultation, contact our team today!
Contact UsLet's chat!
Send a Message
Attention currently enrolled families: Please do NOT use this form to request changes to your schedule or to cancel appointments. You may contact our office by directly emailing: Support@speechtherapytampa.com or by calling us at: 813-973-1033. We will not accept this form to process your requests regarding schedules and/or appointments.